INFORMATION TO SCHOLARSHIP APPLICANTS:
- Fall – August 15th
- Spring – December 15th
- Your scholarship application, completed and submitted online prior to the published deadline for the coming school year, will be considered by the scholarship ministry team for the First Baptist Church (SMT).
- The SMT currently has two funds when meeting to consider whether or not to award a scholarship or scholarships:
- The Joel Laughlin Memorial Fund/Howard Payne/Baptist General Convention of Texas (HP/BGCT) – used only for awards to student(s) attending Howard Payne or other BGCT schools.
- The Endowed Scholarship Fund – may be used for awards to student(s) attending Howard Payne or other BGCT schools, or any accredited college, university, junior college, technical school or business school.
- The SMT meets each year to consider the funds available and the applications received. The SMT may determine that no funds be distributed or that funds be awarded for the coming school year. If funds are to be awarded, there is no provision that all applicants will receive an amount or equal amounts.
- In order to apply, you must have been an active member of First Baptist Church Goldthwaite for at least one year.
- In order to apply, you must plan to be enrolled for a minimum of 12 hours per semester.
- The application is to be filled out by the student and signed in writing by the student.