First Baptist Church was organized the on third Sunday in November of 1885 with 43 members. Our church has faced hardships and obstacles along the way but has seen over 125 years of growth, evangelism and service for the Lord thanks to the dedication of many faithful servants. Many things have changed, but as Bro. Doug wrote for our 125th Anniversary Celebration in 2010, “nothing has changed in our emphasis of proclaiming and teaching work. The fellowship and unity of believers remains, as always, a key focus. While we continue to rejoice and thank God for the proud and past heritage of our Church, we continue to seek His guidance for the present days and future years. The challenge for us: to move forward, not to lag behind or run ahead, but walk alongside and forward with the Lord, hand in hand with him.”
Our church is affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas and the Southern Baptist Convention.